RCC - remote call control server unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone! 

I've checked some other posts on the forums, but nothing really identifies the problem I'm having at the moment. A few months ago we managed to set up a RCC environment with OCS 2007, CUP 6.1 and CUCM 6.1. The configuration ran "okish. We did some documentation and left the system for what it was for a while.

Now, after a few months we're back, trying to get RCC running again with OCS 2007 r2, CUP 7.1, CUCM 7.1.

Here's what we've done:

1. Create SIP trunk on CUCM pointing to CUP, port 5060
    2. Create ACLs on CUP (including IP and fqdns of OCS and CUCM)
    3. Create static route: something.UC.net with next hop my CUP ip on port 5060
    4. Created the host authorization for CUP ip and CUP fqdn
    5. Checked RCC on the users and entered the following URIs:
            SIP uri: user1@something.UC.net
            Tel uri: tel:761;phone-context=dialstring

6. Enabled TCP traffic on the pool --> front end properties
    7. Ran troubleshooter on CUP, which is all green except for the warnings about CUPC.
    8. Ran the deskphone control troubleshooter on CUP, which returned green.

My users in AD are: user1, with phone number: 761. User synch works perfectly as I verified that on CUCM and CUP, both servers have a user1 with 761 as phone number.

Adding a + to the tel uri and phone numbers seems to break the system completely.

At the moment, when signing on a user we get: Unidentified error - The remote call control server was temporarily unavailable.

When sniffing the network for traffic we see a SIP trying followed by a SIP Temporarily Unavailable.

I've read multiple posts about this subject and others, nothing really provided useful.

I'm hoping some of you can help me out here? Would be really apreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Dimi.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 11:15 AM

All replies

• This might just be a typo in your post but the Server URI for each user should include a "sip:" prefix, as in "sip:user1@something.UC.net"

Take a look at the screenshot in this article:
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=20

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 1:08 PM
  • It was a typo indeed. :(
    Monday, March 30, 2009 11:07 AM
  • Hmm, well from your original post it looks like you have all the bases covered.

You might want to read through some of my collegue's blog articles as he has a few on RCC integration with CUPS, maybe you'll see something in those that helps:
    http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/mcgillen_matt

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, March 30, 2009 12:16 PM