Unable to track emails in CRM Online Outlook client RRS feed

• Question

• I try to track messages after installing CRM Online Outlook client (I am using a hotmail account in an Outlook profile). It doesn't work, actually it doesn't do anything. I have some "sent items" previously sent from CRM and "tracked". When I untrack and track on those emails, this seems to work.

I have: Windows 7; Outlook 2010; CRM Online trial instance just started today. I have installed the Outlook client from the CRM 2011 RTM version, as I already had this problem before.

Any clue? Thanks in advance. Javier.

javiercc
    • Moved by Xiaopeng Wu Tuesday, March 8, 2011 9:17 PM Forum consolidation (From:CRM Online)
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:55 PM

All replies

• Yes, we are having the same issue on Windows 7 and Outlook 2010.  The set regarding pane in an email doesn't show up either.  I have a ticket open with Microsoft to help resolve it.  I'll reply back when we know more.  But it looks like a 64 bit issue.
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:36 AM
  • I am also seeing this issue. This works fine for an On-Premise installation so it might be something specific for CRM Online. Can you test something out for me?

Send an email to your outlook from another email account but instead leave the TO field blank and use the BCC field. After you recieve the email in outlook try and track it. Can you confirm that it works for this case? If so I think this problem has to do with matching on SystemUsers while connected to CRM Online.

Friday, February 25, 2011 6:34 PM