none
CTRL+A doesn't work on desktop's icons RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

today i noticed CTRL+A to select all icon's text (file format included) doesn't work on desktop's icons. It works inside every folder only (even in %USERPROFILE%\Desktop, but not directly on it) and i would like to know why.

Thanks to all

• Moved by Baron Bi Wednesday, September 26, 2018 8:16 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:58 PM

All replies

• You need to be more specific about where you're seeing this.  If I press Ctrl-A in the desktop, it selects all of my icons.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018 8:21 PM
  • Hi,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about desktop application development issues. For your case, I suggest you post on this forum below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:21 AM
  • OS 1803 - Build 17134.285. I mean select one icon on desktop (folder, link or file doesn't matter), press F2 to rename, move cursor to the end (to unselect the text) and then press CTRL+A to select all the text. It doesn't work on desktop but works perfectly inside any folders (even %USERPROFILE%\Desktop). I tried with my PC, with VMware clean machine (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and asked my friends... same problem ahah...
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 8:49 AM
  • >OS 1803 - Build 17134.285. I mean select one icon on desktop (folder, link or file doesn't matter), press F2 to rename, move cursor to the end (to unselect the text) and then press CTRL+A to select all the text. It doesn't work on desktop but works perfectly inside any folders (even %USERPROFILE%\Desktop).

It works for me with the latest insider version (17763.1) of Win10.

Dave

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 1:12 PM