Want to Change Outlook Pop Up When Converting Outlook Email to CRM Lead RRS feed

• Question

• I am Using CRM 2011 Outlook Client...

In Outlook Email When Converting to CRM Lead there is Pop Up to Input Fields.

In those input Fields I want to add one more Field "Country Name".

Where and how should i change this Popup so that Country field also added in Popup..

Muhammad Sohail

Saturday, November 2, 2013 7:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Sohail,

There is no supported way to change this popup window in CRM. What is that you are trying to achieve? There could be an alternate way to achieve that instead.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Monday, November 4, 2013 7:01 AM
  • I am using CRM Outlook client and this popup is in outlook client.

I want functionality that when tracking  Emails from outlook and convert into Lead there should also field of "Country" so that i know this lead is from which country..

I want to know lead country so if popup cannot change what other alternate way plz ...tell me

Muhammad Sohail

• Edited by sohail450 Monday, November 4, 2013 12:26 PM
    Monday, November 4, 2013 12:15 PM
  • Hi,

This functionality is available for Contacts but not leads unfortunately. For Contact, if the address is present for the outlook contact the address is carried across to CRM when contacts are tracked in CRM from outlook. However as this is lead and is not possible to customise this popup, there are couple of options available for you.

1) Create a custom VSTO office add in and button which can help you customise the lead creation process for CRM.  You can then add the fields would like from within outlook and call CRM web service to create the leads.

2) Look at creating contacts as prospects and use OOTB Contact tracking functionality from within outlook.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Monday, November 4, 2013 9:06 PM