How to create a prefix form for custom entity in CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to add a form for custom entities in administration page in CRM 2013, in which prefix and suffix fields are defined. as like given in auto numbering form

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Azmir,

That is not a supported way in MS Dynamics CRM.

For such cases you need to develop plugin for auto number generation with necessary Suffix and Prefix you need.

http://crminpractice.blogspot.in/2011/12/auto-number-solution-for-dynamics-crm.html

Prudveen D If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:37 AM
  • Hello Aamir,

You can't implement your requirement this way. You have to create a custom entity and have above fields in your custom entity form. You can display your custom entity in Setting area. Once you have prefix defined you can reading those confirmation in your plugin/js code when required.

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:51 AM
  • Hi Mahender,

Kindly tell me how can i display custom entity in Setting Area? Actually I want to display my custom entity in Administration Page.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

I want to create Custom entity for define prefix and suffix for custom entity. Please tell me the logic as microsoft used in deafult.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 9:33 AM
  • Aamir,

As I said in my earlier response you can't do this, there is not supported way of doing this, Only option could be to search in CRM website and modify this page but that will be UNSUPPORTED (I am not sure it that will work or not).

Our Website| Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 10:08 AM
  • Hi Mahender,

Do you know how to modify CRM page and from which folder I get the page and modify it?

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 3:24 AM
  • Modifying page is UnSupported way..!

Better create a plugin and your prefix and suffix is the best solution as far as i know.

Good luck!

Sreeni Pavalla

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 6:08 AM