This has to be useful information for MSN I would think... RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so my website ( www.mirrorfinishpolishing.com ) has been very "up and down" if you will like everyone else on here, but here is something weird that I have found that I thought I would share.

If I type in "guaranteed metal-polishing-service" my website comes up #1 in the MSN search engine.  It didn't used to have to use the dashes, or even the guaranteed word for that matter, but I am not going to get into all that and confuse the situation.

If I type in www.mirrorfinishpolishing.com it doesn't come up with my website AT ALL!!!!  Why in the world would MSN be able to find my site with ANY keywords and then not even find my site when I manually type in my domain name???

Thanks

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:04 PM

Answers

•  Brett Yount wrote:

Hi,

It is in our index, but I have resubmitted the URL. That usually helps. If you get the same result in a week, let me know and I will look into it further.

Brett 

Thanks Brett I really appreciate the help!  I will report back in about a week or so with the results.

Thanks again.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is in our index, but I have resubmitted the URL. That usually helps. If you get the same result in a week, let me know and I will look into it further.

Brett 

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:39 PM
  •  Brett Yount wrote:

Hi,

Brett 

Thanks Brett I really appreciate the help!  I will report back in about a week or so with the results.

Thanks again.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:20 PM
  • Brett,

I just wanted to let you know what has happened so far since you have submitted my site again.

So far I have 13 pages now indexed which is good...the main page ( www.mirrorfinishpolishing.com ) has a really high page rank just like it did before when it was actually searchable.  When I type in www.mirrorfinishpolishing.com it still won't show my site.  If I type in what used to be VERY easy to find search terms in MSN which used to get me #1 in MSN...currently #4 or so in Google and #12 or so in Yahoo it is nowhere to be found in MSN still. 

"Metal Polishing Service" is the search term that is easy for my site to rank for and once was ranked #1 in MSN about 4 weeks ago and then my indexes went POOF and now trying to build everything back up in MSN.  Anyway, I just wanted to log down here what has happened so far, so you know.

Thanks

Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:06 AM