none
How to unmark an answered question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I answer a question and it has syntax error and it has been marked as answer. After that me and some other guys have some correct answers. Is it possible to unmark my first answer?

Question is Transact-SQL forum.

Order by Issue Help

Provided solution:

Declare @t Table (Description varchar(50),Amount decimal(10,3))
    insert into @t values 
    ('WINDOWS', 30495.42),
    ('WINDOWS', 22428.93),
    ('WINDOWS', 18772.86),
    ('WINDOWS', 16683.24),
    ('WINDOWS', 16203.57),
    ('ADM', -17722.04),
    ('ADM', -14578.10),
    ('ADM', -4309.97),
    ('ADM', -1418.96), 
    ('Losers', -1004.83)

Select Description, Amount From @t Where Description = 'Windows' Order by AmountDesc
    Union All
    Select Description, Amount From @t Where Description <> 'Windows' Order by Description Asc, Amount Asc

Error:

Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Line 18
    Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'Union'.

I report that as Abusive/Other Terms of Use.

I this the right thing to do for reporting incorrect asnwers marked as answer.

Best Wishes, Arbi --- MCC 2011; Please vote if you find this posting was helpful or Mark it as answered.
    Monday, October 3, 2011 6:57 PM

Answers

• I usually deal with it through Kalman who is the answerer in this forum. When I see wrong marks and incorrect reply I e-mail him the thread.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Monday, October 3, 2011 7:34 PM
  • There are 3 ways to go currently:

1. You post a note about the incorrect marking to the marker

2. You post a note to the attention of MODERATORS/ANSWERERS

3. You send an email to any moderator/answerer

My email is: kalmantoth (at sign) sqlusa (dot/period) com .

Kalman Toth, SQL Server & Business Intelligence Training; SQL 2008 GRAND SLAM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 9:04 PM

All replies

• I usually deal with it through Kalman who is the answerer in this forum. When I see wrong marks and incorrect reply I e-mail him the thread.

My blog
    Monday, October 3, 2011 7:34 PM
  • Thanks Naomi.

But do I have to report anything like that as Abusive/Other terms of use??

Best Wishes, Arbi --- MCC 2011; Please vote if you find this posting was helpful or Mark it as answered.
    Monday, October 3, 2011 7:39 PM
  • No, this does not seem to be a proper way to report such problem. It looks like there may be some other type of button introduced to alert attention to the thread, because Abuse button does not fit (reporting the original message as abuse certainly is not correct way, as the OP didn't abuse anything except for not providing complete details).

My blog

Monday, October 3, 2011 7:44 PM
  • I agree on that is not any kind of abuse.

To me seems that only place except that Abuse button is in the forum. Hope there would be kind of button or another item in the report of Abuse that you can report irrelavant answers.

Monday, October 3, 2011 7:55 PM
  • You may want to add a suggestion in forum's suggestions forum and in this WiKi article

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4703.aspx

My blog
    Monday, October 3, 2011 8:09 PM
  • Naomi,

I did in forum suggestions

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/suggest/thread/ed884de9-4811-4f3f-aa11-d53b0fe9d09a

and also technet.

Monday, October 3, 2011 9:00 PM
  • There are 3 ways to go currently:

1. You post a note about the incorrect marking to the marker

2. You post a note to the attention of MODERATORS/ANSWERERS

3. You send an email to any moderator/answerer

My email is: kalmantoth (at sign) sqlusa (dot/period) com .

Kalman Toth, SQL Server & Business Intelligence Training; SQL 2008 GRAND SLAM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 9:04 PM
  • Kalman,

Where I have to post a note to the attention of Moderators/Answerers? In the same thread or some specific forum is available for that.

Kalman, Could you please this thread in the same time: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/7f053464-e056-46a3-b215-c1d83d1334db.

Monday, October 3, 2011 9:45 PM
  • Until we get private messaging in the system or until we redesign how answer marking works, sqlusa is the right advice. I usually tell people to post in the forum or just reply to the thread.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 4:52 AM
    Answerer