Computer that was activated and used for several month, failed activation. RRS feed

• Question

• I think your software tools you refer others to are designed to make my computer fail activation, then expect me to pay money, for only using them on a computer that passed activation.

I also think that buying retail microsoft software is evil, it won't pass activation now, it never left this house, no one know the key unless someone knows, without me telling them. Never will I ever buy Microsoft retail again, being what it is.

I use the name insight 241 don't take it wrong, I looking for information, I'm not trying to bully you into thinking I'm smarter or better, don't worry about it, please. I doubt your interested in helping, I guess to ignore me is better than some clown making rude comment about what I wrote.

Best Regards.

Friday, July 21, 2006 9:13 PM

Answers

• Insight 241,

To help me understand the issue further can you please follow the steps below?

1. Download and run the WGA Diagnostic Tool  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. After running the WGA Diagnostic Tool, click on the "Windows" tab and then click on "Copy to Clipboard". Paste the results into your forum response.

Also please keep in mind that Activation and validation are two totally different things. Validation has to do with WGA, but you can't validate without activating your software when you first install

Monday, July 24, 2006 2:00 PM