Wndows mobile support RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm staggered by the lack of support for Windows mobile in Home Server. Why can i not stream music and video files over the web to my Mobile device?? Why does pocket IE not even work with remote access properly?? Why cant I remote sync folders to my mobile?

Funny enough most of these functions can be used on an apple iPhone with freely availible software! Even HP Mediasmart servers come with iStream for free!

I've installed LobsterTunes on my mobile and it works well for music but the interface is awfull, browsing music takes longer than playing the track!
    • Changed type kariya21Moderator Tuesday, February 2, 2010 2:47 AM not a technical question
    Monday, February 1, 2010 11:55 PM

All replies

• The upside is you can remote desktop to your WHS from a Windows Mobile - 'there isn't an app for that yet'!
    --
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 1:11 AM
  • Your right, but I have a Windows 7 media center, Windows home server, Windows mobile 6.5, Windows 7 desktop and a Windows 7 laptop.

It's like the people who designed the OS's have never even heard of each other before. I've bought all the latest versions from one company and they still dont integrate together well!

Hopefully Windows mobile 7 and Home server 2010 fix these problems. (living in hope)
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 9:48 AM
  • What do you want to be able to do?  We might be able to find some 3rd party apps that could help you out.
    --
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 10:08 AM
  • For my Windows phone,

1) I'd like to be able to remote sync by either wifi or 3G a folder on my Mobile to a folder on my WHS.
    2) I'd like a plugin for the media player to stream music from my WHS to my mobile. I do use LobsterTunes atm but it's a terrible interface for browsing artists and it should be built into Windows mobile.
    3) Playback over 3G of recorded TV and Video files from the WHS.

For desktop computers,

1) Why do shared folders show up even if you have no access to them? These should be hidden.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:37 AM