Restrict date change. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I need info on how to restrict a user to change date on PDA device.

We are working on a mobile application which runs on PDA with windows mobile 5. The application takes PDA's date time, where the PDA takes date time from the sync server (Assuming), what we need is the end user of the device should be restricted to change the date & time on the PDA device.

If somebody could acheive such a sort of requirement please help us in this regard......

Thanks & regards,

Sai krishna. K

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• I would suggest that you ask this question over at the MSDN forums.  That is an area dedicated to developers and I would expect you would get a solution faster there.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?SiteID=1

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:44 PM
  •  

Hi "Help line",

You reply helped me a lot, it navigated stright to the solution,

Thank you,

Sai krishna. K

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:07 AM
  • Thank you Sai for getting back.  I'm glad we were able to steer you in the right direction.

Good luck and when you finally get it all working let us know.....

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 5:19 AM
  •  

Hi,

As in your earlier post it specifies to change an entry in Mobile registry, and worked perfectly.

Regards,

Sai Krishna. k

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:06 AM
  • Hi Sai Krishna and Jack,

I have similar issue with Windows Mobile Device. I need to restrict the end user to change the device date.

I tried to open the link provided by Jack Cook but unfortunately it navigates to forums main page. If you yet remember the solution post, please share with me.

Shubh Maitrey

Monday, May 10, 2010 12:28 PM