Memory issue when starting async service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Out of the blue we have got an issue with the async service. It takes up lots of memory, and in the event log I get this message. Anyone with an idea of what this could be?

Host XXXX-CRM-1: failed while monitoring asynchronous operations queue. Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

at System.String.CtorCharArrayStartLength(Char[] value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadSqlStringValue(SqlBuffer value, Byte type, Int32 length, Encoding encoding, Boolean isPlp, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadSqlValue(SqlBuffer value, SqlMetaDataPriv md, Int32 length, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadColumnData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadColumn(Int32 i, Boolean setTimeout)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetValueInternal(Int32 i)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetValues(Object[] values)

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.DataAccessBase.ExecuteSqlCommandAndProcessRecords(IDbCommand command, RecordProcessor recordProcessor)

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.QueueDataAccess.SelectEvents(Int32 numberOfEvents)

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.QueueManager.OnSelectPerOrganization(IOrganizationConfiguration orgConfig, Int32 orgCapacity)

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.QueueManager.WorkloadThrottler.HandleActiveOrganization(Int32 capacityPerPriority, WorkloadThrottlingInformation orgPollingInfo, Int32 effectiveMinimumPriority)

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.QueueManager.WorkloadThrottler.Execute(Int32 totalCapacity)

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.QueueManager.OnSelectTimerEvent(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.Timer.InvokeElapsed()

at Microsoft.Crm.Asynchronous.Timer.TimerProcessor.ExecuteTimers(Object data)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Morten

Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:24 AM

Answers

• What you describe also occurs with SRS.

Here is a link that describes some symtons and work arounds.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909678

But besides that I would look for something in the system leaking handles, or using lots of page pool or non page pool memory.

Often we get errors in CRM and the issue is another program or system resource that is not working correctly.

The application pool uses about 150 mb of memory.   Is there anything different about that now.

Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:24 PM

All replies

• Just a couple of questions:

Is your asynch service installed with CRM on the same server?
    How many workflows do you have?
    How complex is your workflows?

Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:48 AM
  • - Same server
    - A couple of very easy workflows that updates the contact address info.

Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:22 PM
  • What you describe also occurs with SRS.

Here is a link that describes some symtons and work arounds.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909678

But besides that I would look for something in the system leaking handles, or using lots of page pool or non page pool memory.

Often we get errors in CRM and the issue is another program or system resource that is not working correctly.

The application pool uses about 150 mb of memory.   Is there anything different about that now.

Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:24 PM