none
MCSD - Does recertification have to take place before expiration?

Question

• Hi,

I have a MCSD certification which expires in 2017. I would like to know if I have to pass the recertification exam before the MCSD has expired? Or can I recertify for the MCSD also after it has expired?

Kind regards,

Michael

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you do not complete the recertification requirement in the required time frame, your transcript will show that the certification is inactive. Once you complete the recertification requirements, the inactive date for the associated credential will be updated by adding either two years (for MCSD) or three years (for MCSE) to the date on which you completed the recertification activity.

Also note that candidates can now get recertified by taking a series of courses with Microsoft Virtual Academy. Read the list of available certifications, required courses, and additional details to get recertified through Microsoft Virtual Academy.

Best regards, Kjetil :) Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

My blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:05 AM