more than one phone call activity for a single lead RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If there are more than one phone call activity for a single lead then the last attempt made to the last phonecall activity should get populated to the Most Recent PhoneCall

The last attempt in Phonecall entity made to the lead must be saved to the Most Recent Phone Call .

it's urgent

please reply..

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Workflow is called when an entity is saved. It is not related to JS. You would need JavaScript to create a hyperlink of some sort from your lead.

Alternately you could create a custom .aspx page which displays the latest phone call, host that page in an IFRAME within your lead.

Unfortunitely the solution would take a day or two to write. If you are a developer I would recommend downloading the SDK,.

http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?familyid=82E632A7-FAF9-41E0-8EC1-A2662AAE9DFB&displaylang=en

Cheers,

Karlo

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 8:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Using a workflow/callout, after a phone call activity is saved, check to see the regardingobjecttype to determine whether it was created from a lead. If so populate a custom field with the guid of the phone call. You will need to create some snappy JS (onclick) of the custom field to forward the user to the phone call in question.

I don't know whether you can achieve the first part with a workflow, but you can with a post callout. You will need to attach an onClick event to the field where you saved the last phone call guid.

Cheers,

Karlo
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 8:34 PM
  • Hi,

I Need to know,How to use workflow in the onload/onsave javascript event of the form .

Is there any onclick event? How to use that one?

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

Workflow is called when an entity is saved. It is not related to JS. You would need JavaScript to create a hyperlink of some sort from your lead.

Alternately you could create a custom .aspx page which displays the latest phone call, host that page in an IFRAME within your lead.

Unfortunitely the solution would take a day or two to write. If you are a developer I would recommend downloading the SDK,.

http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?familyid=82E632A7-FAF9-41E0-8EC1-A2662AAE9DFB&displaylang=en

Cheers,

Karlo

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 8:03 AM