OCS 2007 Without a PBX RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to wrap my head around what this product can and can't do.  I need to deploy a solution in a franchise scenario; I would like to use a national VoIP provider to provide my local DIDs.  Can OCS be used in this type of environment; I would not have a PBX.  Can it talk directly to another Voip provider for call routing?

I am trying to figure out if this product actually replaces a phone system, it sounds like it could but is it out of the box or do you need more software or custom development? I need to setup call queues, agent login/log off,
    call recording, and so on?  I have spent a lot of time reading about Beta 3, but haven't found answers to these questions.

Thanks!!

Ryan

Saturday, May 19, 2007 11:23 PM

Answers

• I'ts my understanding that with the following you will have a complete communication system:

- 1 BRI (T1)

- 1 Ip/sip gateway

- 1 ocs 2007 server

- 1 exchange 2007 server running UM for voicemail and outlook voice access.

In this senrio the tradionational PBX would not be needed. The OCS 2007 is the PBX. I dont see the new sip phones yet from MS that will display the OCS client menu but I would expect them soon. In the meantime a softphone on the PC would work or calls from within the Office 2007 product family directly.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 8:35 PM