how do I wipe the contents of a default shared folder RRS feed

• Question

• Short question: I need to get the server to forget about all the previous contents of \Videos. How do I do this?

Background: I accidentally copied some video files directly to D:\DE\shares\Videos, instead of over the network to server\Videos. They were not treated as part of the files in the pool that way, and were treated as system files. I moved ALL the files under D:\DE\shares\Videos to a temporary location, D:\temp, and then tried to copy them back, but it doesn't work. The system remembers some old filenames and won't allow a new instance to be copied over: "cannot move [filename]: a file with the name you specified already exists. Specify a different file name." If I try to delete files under server\Videos, I get the error "cannot delete [filename]: The name of the file cannot be resolved by the system."

update: after reboot, the server seems to allow the file operations to proceed.

Saturday, September 4, 2010 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you would have to navigate to all volumes in C:\fs\<Volume>\DE\shares\Videos (DE is hidden) and also D:\DE\shares and check, if there are still copies of these files. Delete those copies.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Saturday, September 4, 2010 9:37 AM