how we can avoid the manual addition of new user in sql reporting group on addition of the same user in mscrm application RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

Recently we have migrated our application to mscrm 4.0.   during installation we have did some thing wrong so taht for every new user addition to application, we need to add manually in sql reporting ,  so that user is able to work with dynamic excel.

How we can avoid this manual updation task. please suggest  some solution other than reinstallation.

hari
    Monday, January 31, 2011 5:17 PM

All replies

• Try setting the value of this register key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\AutoGroupManagementOff must have the value 0, reset IIS and try it
    MSCRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Check out the CRM 4 to CRM 2011 JavaScript Converter Tool
    CRM Forum Guidance on how to Help Us Help You
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 11:19 AM
  • Hi,

I am assuming your users are on a domain... One quick way is to make sure that in Active Directory, the Security Group called "Reporting Group" contains the group "Domain Users." Since all users are part of the domain, and therefore part of the Domain Users Group, they are automatically part of the Reporting Group. Thus as soon as you create new users in CRM, they have all necessary permissions. I would also recommend adding "Domain Users" to the "SQLAccessGroup."

As far as I know, there is no reason to create users in SQL

Al

Thursday, February 3, 2011 3:06 PM