Queries to retrieve data RRS feed

• Question

• This may be a silly question, but how can I get CRM 2011 to return specific data about a record based on a search of another piece of specific data?

Example: My company uses CRM to keep track of all our clients. Each client has a record containing various data fields such as: client #, date added, service #, # of users, access #, etc.

As the client # and access # fields are unique to every client, is there a way of doing a search where I would input the client # and CRM returns only the access #, and nothing else - preferably in a pop-up window?

Thanks!

Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:24 PM

All replies

• OOB you can use the 'Quick Find' feature to search for a client. Configure client # to be a quick find column and access # to be a column on the quick find view. This will allow you to input client # and retrieve access # with little configuration.

If your requirement isn't addressed with this and you need a pop-up window then one option would be to build a HTML page (web resource) that is called from a ribbon button.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:51 PM