“Element not found” when backing up WNS server RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to backup my Windows Home server to a USB hard drive. While the OS partition backups up correctly, all other drives and partitions get the error “Element not found” with the error code 2155348300. This has been a persistent error over months and reboots.  Does anyone have any clue what the problem is?

Thank you

Ken Williams

Saturday, October 13, 2012 3:05 AM

All replies

• Ken,

I recently had the same problem, and when searching for an answer I found your unanswered question.

My server started reporting the error "Element not found" on a drive, on which I created a new server folder where all users had "no access". After I enabled in WHS dashboard for one user read/write access to this folder, the next backup was incomplete (backup for that that drive was still unsuccessful, but this time with no error message), but the next (second) backup of the whole server was complete and successful again.

I am not sure whether this solves your problem, but you could check in the dashboard that each server folder has at least one user that has access to it - this is what helped me.

Best regards,

Pavel

Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:49 PM