How can I display Task's "Resent Changes" or "Updates" or "History" in the project site RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When a task is assigned to a team member, the team member may keep sending frequent updates "Status" for the task to the approving whenever he finishes anything in the task. These updates can be shown in the Task Details (in PWA).

My question is, how can I display the Task's "Resent Changes" or "Updates" or "History" in the project site, so ALL the team member can see the "Progress" of that task?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 8:24 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

I'm not sure it is relevant that all team members see all task updates through the project site. It will be a lot of information that might not be relevant and could generate confusion.

Instead of this, I'd suggest to share the project schedule through the project site with regular baselines and eventually to review task update/approval with team members in PWA during a weekly status meeting.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:33 AM

All replies

• new_page --

Hey, before I answer your question, would you please do us all a HUGE favor?  You have asked a number of questions in this user forum, but it appears you have never marked any of them as answered.  Would you please review your threads, determine if someone answered your question, and then mark their post as the answer?  We all would be grateful for that!  :)

Also, are you still using Project Server 2010, as I have noted several questions of late about Project Server 2013?  In either case, what the PM would need to do is to edit the Project Site and add the Project Details web part to the Home page of the Project Site.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 10:10 PM
  • Hello Dale, We are using Project Server 2013 now. What i need to show in the project site is the task detail that shows its recent changes. Please take a look at the following image: 

For your kind note, which I appreciate and understand , I do "mark as answer" on most of the answers i get for my questions, especially when I try the answer and the answer works for me. Would you please check my threats (they are 23) and you will see that i mark what i am sure it's working :) BTW, i am the grateful one ^_^ Thanks

• Edited by new_page Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:46 AM formatting
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:44 AM
  • Hi, 

I'm not sure it is relevant that all team members see all task updates through the project site. It will be a lot of information that might not be relevant and could generate confusion.

Instead of this, I'd suggest to share the project schedule through the project site with regular baselines and eventually to review task update/approval with team members in PWA during a weekly status meeting.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:33 AM
  • seems nice and reasonable. thanks for your help :)
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:04 AM