WHS issues with Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I used WHS with Vista 32 for about a year with no problems.  Upgraded to Win 7 a few weeks ago, and results have been disasterous.  Transfer rates of 200k and worse from server to pc HD, extremely sluggish navigation through WHS console, inability to stream media between server and pc HD, etc.  Basically, it's completely unusable.  However, media *does* stream normally to external players.

I've spent the past couple weeks reverting back to Vista and then upgrading to 7 again.  Results are identical each time. 

I'm sorry (though hopeful) that resolution is something simple containing in another posting, but I haven't seen many win7 issues not related to AV (I'm not using any on WHS).  I'm out of options on my end and will resort to simply sticking with Vista if nothing comes of this, but it's frustrating becasue my situation does not seem to be common.

Thanks for any help -

Adam

Friday, September 24, 2010 1:52 AM

Answers

• Update:  Turns out is was just the network card drivers.  Updating them did the trick.

Thanks again.

Monday, September 27, 2010 6:07 PM

All replies

• I would suggest also posting your question in the Windows 7 forums on Technet. Since your problem is obviously related to your upgrade, it's probably not really related to Windows Home Server per se. A good place to start looking (and probably the first recommendation you'll get in the Windows 7 forums) is the drivers for the network hardware in your PC and your server. Are the tuning parameters properly configured for good performance?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, September 24, 2010 12:32 PM
  • Thanks Ken.  I don't know anything about "tuning parameters", but I'll post my issues on the forum you suggests.

Adam

Saturday, September 25, 2010 1:13 AM
  • Update:  Turns out is was just the network card drivers.  Updating them did the trick.

Thanks again.

Monday, September 27, 2010 6:07 PM