How do I use Multiple Home Servers in different locations? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know what issues I will have with multiple home servers?  The 2 servers will be at home on comcast.net and a vacation home on roadrunner.com.  How do I configure the Windows Home Server Console to connect to either server? It would be useful, but not necessary to connect to both at the same time.

Thank you for your help.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 1:07 AM

Answers

• To configure a client computer to connect to a different server, you will need to run C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\discovery.exe. A client computer can only be connected to one server at a time, so this will break any linkage between the computer and the server it was previously connected to (as far as the client is concerned).

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:17 AM

All replies

• To configure a client computer to connect to a different server, you will need to run C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server\discovery.exe. A client computer can only be connected to one server at a time, so this will break any linkage between the computer and the server it was previously connected to (as far as the client is concerned).

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:17 AM
  • If you use thinkpad, you can use access connection to execute "discovery.exe" after you change your network profile.  It will be semi-automatic.
    WHS is ready!
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:40 AM