none
how to add my signature

Question

• Please help me how to add my signature in hperlink ?under the signature www.noibaitaxire.com
    Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

First thing you are posting it in wrong section. Anyways,

For adding signature, follow these steps:

1) Go to http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/categories/

2) Click on Quick Access

3) You will see "My settings" option there. Click on that

4) Scroll Down, you will see "Profile signature" there.  Edit that using HTML

5) Now use HTML for adding that:

<a href="www.noibaitaxire.com">www.noibaitaxire.com</a>

I hope it helps you :)

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Edited by Fahadking07 Friday, September 19, 2014 3:22 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Friday, September 19, 2014 3:40 PM
    Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:51 PM
  • Profile Signatures don't work until an account is "verified".

I'm not sure about that, but you're probably right. There was a thread going about that topic a bit ago, but the OP hasn't come back and confirmed if verification fixed the issue.

EDIT: Looks like you're definitely right, the OP from the thread I linked to above seems to have been able to create a working signature after verification:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6f989d8a-29f9-4fc2-b781-f82f16fe2a9b/t2?forum=tnsandbox

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,085+ strong and growing)

Friday, September 19, 2014 1:28 PM
  • I have noticed that an HTML signature is not displayed properly when you use another browser (e.g. safari on iPad). The HTML code is displayed. Ok, I know, I do you use Internet Explorer. But there are situations where you use another device to reply on posts.

Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security

<small>Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote as Helpful", and if it answered your question, please click "Mark as Answer".</small>

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:39 AM
  • I have noticed that an HTML signature is not displayed properly when you use another browser (e.g. safari on iPad). The HTML code is displayed. Ok, I know, I do you use Internet Explorer. But there are situations where you use another device to reply on posts.

<small>Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote as Helpful", and if it answered your question, please click "Mark as Answer".</small>

Hi,

I've never encountered this while using other browsers. I can't say anything about Safari on an ipad, but signatures look just fine using the stock Android browser or WinPhone IE.

I don't use a "standard" desktop browser normally either (I use Pale Moon) and everything looks fine to me.

Perhaps you're seeing people (like yourself, see the quote above) who are posting with broken signatures. Every time you go into 'My Settings' and make a change you'll need to fix the tags in your signature. For some reason saving any changes causes the tags to be garbled.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:05 PM

Hi,

I've never encountered this while using other browsers. I can't say anything about Safari on an ipad, but signatures look just fine using the stock Android browser or WinPhone IE.

I don't use a "standard" desktop browser normally either (I use Pale Moon) and everything looks fine to me.

Perhaps you're seeing people (like yourself, see the quote above) who are posting with broken signatures. Every time you go into 'My Settings' and make a change you'll need to fix the tags in your signature. For some reason saving any changes causes the tags to be garbled.

Well I have just noticed with IE that when I use this | character in my signature, the code is displayed. As you can see below:

&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Boudewijn Plomp | BPMi Infrastructure &amp;amp;amp; Security&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt; &amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click &amp;amp;quot;Vote as Helpful&amp;amp;quot;, and if it answered your question, please click &amp;amp;quot;Mark as Answer&amp;amp;quot;.&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Well I have just noticed with IE that when I use this | character in my signature, the code is displayed. As you can see below:

&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Boudewijn Plomp | BPMi Infrastructure &amp;amp;amp; Security&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt; &amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click &amp;amp;quot;Vote as Helpful&amp;amp;quot;, and if it answered your question, please click &amp;amp;quot;Mark as Answer&amp;amp;quot;.&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;

My Settings strikes again. =]

There's a sandbox forum here that you can use for test posting:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=tnsandbox&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

EDIT: I should also mention that some tags just plain don't work. As an example, <strike> does nothing.

<strike>This should be crossed out, but it isn't.</strike>

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:54 PM