none
Word 2010 is adding a black line under images converted from WordPerfect RRS feed

• Question

• I use a very old WordPerfect version (5.0) to automatically generate letters. These letters are then opened in Word for editing and printing. They contain some text and an image at the bottom for a signature.

Up to and including Word 2007 this has worked fine, but now I am using Office 2010 and on opening the document, the image has gained an extra row of black pixels at the bottom. This is not an underline or a border applied to the image, it is a line of black pixels within the image itself.

A temporary workaround is to include a macro that finds the signature image and crops 1 row of pixels off the bottom

doc.InlineShapes(1).PictureFormat.CropBottom = 1

[This 1 actually crops 1% of the image, not 1 pixel]

However I am now noticing that this is occuring on serveral different images of different sizes, but not all, and I don't want to have to crop all images just to make sure.

I would much prefer to try and understand why this happening. My only thoughts so far are if it could be a rounding error on the height of the image compared to the height of the image box creating a row of 'dead space' filled with a standard background colour - likely black. This is complete speculation but I would be very grateful if anyone has any other ideas of what could be causing this or how to resolve it.

Many thanks.

Mat

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Friday, January 20, 2012 4:55 PM non-programming question (From:Word for Developers)
    Friday, January 20, 2012 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Mat

Although you're using macros to work with the picture, the problem is almost certainly not an issue with the programming interface, but within Word. The forums on MSDN concentrate on helping people write programming code, not solving problems in Word's behavior.

The better place to get information on Word's conversion of WordPerfect files would be on Answers:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

Unfortunately, we can't move messages from the MSDN forums to Answers, so you'll need to re-post.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Friday, January 20, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Thanks Cindy, I have moved the question to Answers.
    Friday, January 20, 2012 3:55 PM