Issues with domain name following KB979453 update RRS feed

• Question

• Following the update I had the same messages as everyone else with domain name updates... however my issues have now gone one step further so I need some help....  PLEASE!!!

Starting the Domain Name Configuration Wizard from within the Settings tab "Remote Access", I get the front intro screen and then the Live! log-in screen.  Then the fun starts;

1) If I use my original Live! ID and correct password, the credentials are validated and then the wizard goes no further.  stays at the log-in screen no matter how many times I hit "Next"

2) Thought it might be an account issue so I set-up a brand spanking new Live! ID. Using this I got to the "privacy Statement and Agreement page", Accepted that and then the wizard fails with the message "Windows Home Server could not open the Setup program for your chosen Domain Name Provider".  WTF??  I haven't chosen any Domain Name Provider yet so I'm stuck...

Can anyone help me with this please as I have no remote access at the moment and my kids are bending my ears something chronic as they cant upload stuff from school anymore (projects, homework etc etc). Thanks in advance.

Friday, October 15, 2010 4:35 PM

Answers

All replies