locked
Blog Server Error - Server Error -32700 Occurred RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    I recently started getting this error when trying to post with Windows Live Writer.


    Windows Live Writer
    An unexpected error has occurred while attempting to log in:

    Blog Server Error - Server Error -32700 Occurred

    parse error.  not well formed

    My weblog is Wordpress, 2.1 version.  There hasn't been any configuration changes on my weblog nor with Windows Live Writer.

    I thought that perhaps it was a bug and it might have been fixed so I installed the latest WLW BETA but it still has the same problem.

    Anyone have any ideas on this?

    thanks,

    chris
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:13 AM

All replies

  • Can you send me your log file?

    bturner*at*microsoft*dot*com

    Steps to get log file:
    http://jcheng.wordpress.com/writer-tips/logfile/
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:44 PM
  • Brandon,

    Same problem here, my situation is diferent, I'm using Windows Live Writer Beta 2 (14.0.5025.904 pt-br), trying to update a WordPress 2.6.2 (english version) in my personal blog (Dreamhost server).

    I installed the application today, added my account normally without any special config. Create a test post and sent it to the server. In my website I couldn't find my post published but managing posts I got him with all weird symbols, OK, UTF-8 is not for me. After changing to ISO-8859-1 (this is what I use in my forum) the same errer appear.

    If I bring the UTF-8 again I got the same error.

    I'm sending my log file to your e-mail address, and with it I'll send the SS from the error message.

    Thanks!!

    Rodrigo Menezes
    Monday, October 20, 2008 4:02 PM
  • Weird,

    I set all over again, ISO-8859-1, XHTML as standard, create a sing post with Test subject and Test message, Publish, worked!!!!!!

    But visiting my websit I could not find my post. In Managing Posts, there he is... I need to open and Save and now it's there.

    I'll keep testing.

    Cheers,

    Rodrigo Menezes
    Monday, October 20, 2008 4:12 PM
  • OK,

    I'm receiving this error message:


    Ocorreu um Erro -32700 no Servidor

    parse error. not well formed

    I'm trying to post this threath:

    <p>Esse final de semana estava navegando na internet quando vi um artigo bem completo no Guia do PC falando sobre a integração do Windows Live Writer com a publicação de blogs, tanto do Live Space quanto de outras ferramentas como o WordPress que é o que uso no blog. </p>

    <p>http://www.guiadopc.com.br/dicas-e-tutoriais/4614/como-usar-e-postar-no-seu-blog-com-o-windows-live-writer.html</p>

    <p>Pra fazer o teste estou postando essa mensagem para ver como o programa se comporta. A interface é bem simples e competente, as opções de Visualizar e Codificação até que são bem simples e funcionais. Só o que não funcionou foi a codificação de linguagem que no meu caso tive que alterar para ISO8859-1 para ver a acentuação funcionar. Todos os posts publicados pelo Live Writer ficam como publicados mas não aparecem no site, tive que entrar em Gerenciar, Posts e salvar cada um deles pra ver online.</p>

    <p>Ponto para a família Live Messenger.</p>
    Monday, October 20, 2008 4:17 PM
  • Hi I have the same problem here's my log file http://johanhorak.googlepages.com/WindowsLiveWriter.log 
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:39 AM
  • Johan,

    This threath is stopped since I got here.

    I change some mails with MSN team but nothing happens. Look their answer (Brandon Turner and Joseph Scott):

    "I'm not sure why folks would use something other than UTF-8 in the WordPress settings.  Or was this a problem with the charset setting for the MySQL tables?"

    "I don’t know why people pick other encodings over UTF-8."

    I'm really upset with this answer. The ISO option is there, this way, the program should work with the charset.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:42 PM
  • Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:54 PM
  • This action don't fix the problem.

    ISO-8859-1 is not uploading correctly, and UTF-8 in a Wordpress working with ISO-8859-1 get all messages with áéó with wrong characters.

    I'm trying to tell you guys a loooooong time ago, you should stop focusing in your UTF-8 and start helping users, for Brazil, ISO-8859-1 is the standart, and if you want to create an application worldwide, you should start working with regional problems.

    Cheers,
    Monday, April 27, 2009 12:14 PM