none
Cannot post long questions in some forums

Question

• Hi,

I'm unable to post questions in some forums (they get flagged as spam) whereas in others it seems to work fine.

Lost as to why this happens since I can post and reply to questions in some forums so guessing my account is sufficiently verified.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Friday, January 20, 2017 9:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• The length of a reply should not be a problem. But if the reply includes links or images, then the account may need to be verified. You can post a request in the current verification thread here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/23148b73-9258-42a7-9d38-ad2e910d18a4/verify-your-account-37?forum=reportabug

The current verification thread is always a sticky thread at the top of this forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug

Also, your account will be automatically verified after enough activity.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, January 20, 2017 10:05 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

The posts I've tried contain only text, here's a copy of one of them:

Hi everyone.

I'm just getting back into some hobby .net development after a 7 year long hiatus, and I thought the perfect way to get back up to speed would be to build a simple little wpf desktop todo-app. However, I would love to hear your thoughts on how to implement the cloud(?) storage component of persisting the todo's, so that they can be synced between devices. 

Would you recommend a database store? Relational or otherwise? Serialization to a local file which is periodically synced to a cloud storeage? Anything else? Also, would you set up an azure account for this or use some other cloud provider (GOOG, AMZN, ?)?

Cheers, and thanks!

I've posted in the verification thread, but it's hard to build up activity when I cannot post the questions ;). I guess what you are proposing is to answer a few questions by others? 

Friday, January 20, 2017 12:00 PM
  • The posts I've attempted contains only text.

Alas, it is hard to build up activity when almost I cannot post anything. I even had to try multiple times to answer this post since my attempts kept getting flagged as spam...

Friday, January 20, 2017 12:02 PM
  • Since I am a moderator in this forum I can see that your post here was deleted by the auto spam filter. I have no idea why. This is not a verification issue. The best course is to email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com. Include a link to this thread.

Friday, January 20, 2017 12:58 PM
  • In the meantime, Richard, you may want to undelete it.

Actually, I understand - you meant this forum (Forum's Issues). I see myself that this post was deleted by Auto-Spam filter and I also see nothing wrong with it. May be the all upper case abbreviations caused it?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, January 20, 2017 1:01 PM
  • I have seen, and reported, a lot of spam over the years. I have never seen any of those words/phrases in a spam post. I agree that the uppercase abbreviations are the best guess.

In the past when I undeleted such a post it never got deleted again.

Friday, January 20, 2017 1:13 PM
  • Thank you so much for looking into this so fast. Really appreciate it.

Should I still email the address you listed above?
    For what it's worth, the forum I've tried to post to before is the "General Windows Desktop Development Issues". 

Again, thank you.

Friday, January 20, 2017 3:21 PM
  • Should I still email the address you listed above?

Yes, you should. Better to involve fissues (forums admins) in these challenges.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 20, 2017 3:42 PM
  • I agree with Dave. The forum admins should modify the spam filter to reduce false positives.

Friday, January 20, 2017 4:08 PM
  • Thank you! Will do so!
    Friday, January 20, 2017 10:37 PM
  • I emailed fissues asking the forum admins to look into 3 cases (including this one) where users were warned that their post was flagged as spam and they were directed to this forum. I asked if there was a new process and how the moderators in this forum  should handle the situations.

fissues replied that there is no change in the process, but they cleared the abusive flags. The posts now appear.

This still does not explain why users are informed immediately that their post is flagged as spam, and then are directed here. The moderators here can not remove the abusive flag, unless we happen to also be moderators in the forum where the user posted. All we can do is direct the users to email fissues.

I suspect that the contractors in charge of the forum code, or the Microsoft people directing them, modified the auto spam filter in an attempt to improve the process. I don't know if the process is to handle spam or new users that may need verification. I plan to investigate further.

Edit: However, I see that your post in the "General Windows Desktop Development Issues" forum is still deleted. I will undelete your post in this forum.

Edit: I also had to remove the abusive flag from the post in this forum, after it was undeleted. That convinces me that this new process is for dealing with spam, not account verification. But directing users to this forum still does not help users. We cannot undelete or remove the abusive flag from posts in forums where we are not moderators. We cannot even see the post.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 1:45 AM