none
Where is my formatting and editing RRS feed

• Question

• When I make an original post, I can't insert code-blocks, format bold, etc. The whole editor is different -- there's no toolbar, link editor, etc. Why?
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:03 PM

Answers

• Thanks. We've pushed important fixes out just this Monday (afternoon) and recycled our cache servers. Probably between that time and while using Forums, caches are being rebuilt.

Anyhow, glad to see you're back to normal.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    • Marked as answer by Wyck Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:24 PM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:03 PM

All replies

• Hey! where did all the formatting stuff go? I can't even get the editor to appear on replies! what happened?
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:05 PM
  • Hi Wyck,

The editor is javascript control, I see the formatting toolbar when I edit, reply and quote. Looks like when you're loading the thread page, it's not loading the editor files (resources).

What browser are your using? Are you getting any Javascript errors when loading the thread page? Can you use an HTTP debugger tool to see if you're getting resources. Specifically (tiny_mce)

Thanks.

- Don
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:25 PM
  • The whole forum seemed to go down piece by piece on Tuesday.  Even the CSS's went away.  I think you may want to check your logs or maintenance schedules to determine if there was an outage or failure of some kind around the time I posted my message.  It was back to normal next time I checked (a couple of hours after my post).  I had tried with different browsers and even on different machines from my office.

Oh and FYI: I usually use Firefox 3.0.10 on XP.

But it's back to normal now, so I'm not that concerned any more.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:38 PM
  • Thanks. We've pushed important fixes out just this Monday (afternoon) and recycled our cache servers. Probably between that time and while using Forums, caches are being rebuilt.

Anyhow, glad to see you're back to normal.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    • Marked as answer by Wyck Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:24 PM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:03 PM