Help Comparison of string array with another array string (VBScript) I'm a beginner learner RRS feed

• Question

• Example:

arry1=("micro","microsoft.32899","inteluninstaller","adobe99664") Prog list

arry2=("microsoft","intel","adobe") Target list

for i = 0 to ubound(arry1)

for i = 0 to ubound(arry2)

How do I take the target list to run through prog list to roughly match the string inside.
    Something like "microsoft" in target list run through the prog list and find the close match string with "microsoft.32899" and retrieve out the String of the close match. 

I tried strComp it doesn't work for it, Need help urgently.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• I would ask here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=ITCG

But use the code posting feature in the forum editor to post code. And disable the Grammarly add-in, which adds unsupported tags that make your posts very difficult to read.

Here is an image of the button for posting code:

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:28 PM
  • I did my best to remove the Grammarly tags, and used the "Insert code block" button to add the code.

But I must say I participate in the scripting forum, and I don't understand your question.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:42 PM
  • Need help urgently.

Also note these forums are peer level support so if the issue is urgent then I'd start a case here with product support.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/contactus81?forceorigin=esmc&audience=commercial

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 4:47 PM