CRM 2013 Unified Service Desk Single Sign On RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed and configured Unified Service Desk (USD) in my machine for crm 2015 trail, its working fine. then i integrated with custom application sucessfully. but every time custom application asking login credentials. 

How to configure Single Sign On for Custom application in USD

I have refered sample code available in UII sdk SSO (Desktop\CMR 2015 SDK\U_II\UII\SampleCode\UII\SSO) with the help of ReadMe.txt file available in that folder. I dont know how to configure that for USD

Please help me to configure custom application with USD Single Sign On. 

if its possible share step by step document to configure USD Single SignOn with custom application.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, January 12, 2015 9:53 AM

All replies

• USD currently provides a SSO interface that you need to build up and register as an AIF Service.  that's the documentation in UII's docs.. You would build that control out as a hosted control and register the new service with AIF services.  once its registered there its accessible from all other assets in USD.

This is an area we had intended to provide a solution for right out of the box. However, for many reasons, we decided to cut the full SSO feature from USD at release time.  We do intended to add a OOB version of an SSO provider at some point in the future, once we determine the best way to do it that complies with all of the security and compliance requirements we have on software.

For the moment, we just provide the API in USD to build out your own.

I will bring up the need for a walk though of this feature with our writers to see if we can get something done and posted soon and or I will do a blog article on it.

Saturday, January 24, 2015 5:33 AM
  • Hi MattB,

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed document available in UII sdk--> SSo-->Readme.txt file.I have followed following steps

1.Deploy the WCF service to IIS
     2. If the server is a 64 bit, then you need to enable 32 bit applications. 
       For IIS7, set Enable32BitApplications to true for the App Pool. 
       For IIS6 run the following command to enable 32 bit application -
    cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 “true”

but i don't know how to do the steps 3,4, and 5

3. Add the System.ServiceModel section in Agent Desktop config for the AgentCredential WCF service. This can be copied from the app.config in the SSOLookupService project.
    4. Update the Xml file path for the credentials.xml in the AgentCredentialService’s web.config.
    5. Update the Credential.xml file to contain the agent id and domain of the logged in user.
    6. Uncomment the entry for SsoLookupservice in AgentDesktop config.

where can i find AgentDesktop config USD does not having any visual studio file.

Please share any related documents if you have.

Thanks in advance

Monday, February 2, 2015 10:41 AM
  • The example is written for the CCA examples,  In USD the file is called UnifiedServiceDesk.exe.config.

Mattb.

Friday, February 13, 2015 5:12 AM