Live One Care backup RRS feed

• Question

• When I did my very first backup, it took 2+ hours.  I know all of my files were backed up then.  When I did my next backup, It took less time to complete.  I believe the 2nd backup only backed up only the new and changed files.  If so, my question is how can I back up all of my files every time I run the backups?  I don't want to have a load of DVD's to use if I have to restore all pgms.

TJMacc 
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 5:59 PM

Answers

• If you want to back up all of your files at each backup you have to choose to do a new full backup each time you back up. The only problem with backing up this way is the time it would take and the number of DVDs used. When you say you don't want to use a load of DVDs to restore all programs I assume you mean all program data files since One Care does not back up programs.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:06 PM

All replies

• If you want to back up all of your files at each backup you have to choose to do a new full backup each time you back up. The only problem with backing up this way is the time it would take and the number of DVDs used. When you say you don't want to use a load of DVDs to restore all programs I assume you mean all program data files since One Care does not back up programs.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 7:06 PM
  • Thanks for the responce.
    When I did my first back-up, it took a little over 2 hrs and only used 1 and 1/4 DVD's.  I can handle the time frame it took to complete.  I just don't want to go through multi DVD's to recoup 1 or 2 files.  When I did my 2nd back-up, I couldn't find where in LiveCare to change the back-up to do a full back-up.  Can you tell me how to make that change?

TJMacc 
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:45 PM
  • To start a new backup at any time, open OneCare, click Backup and select Complete Backup.
    If you have scheduled backup to remind you with Tune-up, when you proceed, you can select Complete Backup at that point or choose to continue the previous set.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 6:47 PM
  • Thank you,

TJMacc
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:19 PM