uploading to onedrive is painfully slow RRS feed

• Question

• Just yesterday I began transferring (still transferring) around 3 GB files to OneDrive (already I had about 3 GB files out of 18 GB storage in my OneDrive). It has taken more than 10 hours just to complete 65% of the files on my 48 Mbps internet connection with actual uploading speed of 14.55 Mbps! sometimes the icon gives the status of transfer and the menu shows 'sync' in bold letters suggesting 'sync' is not 'on'. When 'sync' is pressed icon in the taskbar just says 'checking for changes' eternally. It is only when I reboot it seem to start syncing (of course very slow) that is the icon gives transfer status. What could be the reason? I am disappointed that I had shifted from Google drive to OneDrive. Certainly Google Drive upload/download was much faster (so is 'drop box' too). I had run the trouble-shooter(OneDrive) which suggested to reset OneDrive which I did. But it did not make any difference. The status indication is just terrible and there is no way you can find whether any transfer is taking place either at desktop or OneDrive webpage (and most probably it is not). Both google drive' and drop box give excellent status info. But OneDrive does not give any error message also. Can anybody gibe me some suggestions?
    Friday, August 8, 2014 7:29 AM

All replies

• this is the Sync Framework developer forum, you might want to post your question to the appropriate forums
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:54 AM