Number of computers in Onecare account RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a dual-boot XP/Vista system.  In addition, the Vista OS uses Virtual PC to run other OS's.

Are each of these counted as seperate computers in the Onecare accout?  It actually is only one physical computer.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:02 PM

Answers

• If you install OneCare on each OS in your dual boot environment, that is two licenses used. And each install to a Virtual PC counts as another license used.

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:41 PM

All replies

• If you install OneCare on each OS in your dual boot environment, that is two licenses used. And each install to a Virtual PC counts as another license used.

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:41 PM
  • The package that I purchased states at the very top of the package "1 year for up to three computers" so my dual boot sytem is only one computer with two OS's. I read through the booklet and it does not say anything about dual boot systems counting as two computers. 

Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:08 AM
  •  Haukeye wrote:

The package that I purchased states at the very top of the package "1 year for up to three computers" so my dual boot sytem is only one computer with two OS's. I read through the booklet and it does not say anything about dual boot systems counting as two computers. 

In a dual boot environment, you actually have two computers residing on the same hardware. Nobody is going to knock on your door for considering it a single license if you activate it twice - once for each install, but realize that it is 2 activations on 2 "computers"

-steve

Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:31 AM