Unable to access server via web RRS feed

Answers

• I had not tried it from elsewhere, I now have done so and it works !!!!!! so i'm over the moon Lol
    It still does not work from my own PC's but thats no problem now :-).

One thing tho, I went to a friend house to do the test and altho I got into my system, I could not accesss my computers because I was told I needed to install the "microsoft RDP client control" onto my mates PC.
    I went to MS site and did a search for it and the database came back with about 40 different add ons? I have not got a clue which one (if any) was the one I needed?.
    Do you have a link to the proper add on so I can get hold of it and put it in my shared folder I can then have it to hand when I use other friends pc's.

Thanks a million for answering my request  it's appreciated
    Ken
    PS still keep getting the warning that the server cannot update my router config (port forwarding) any idea how to turn it off?
    • Marked as answer by earthfree Saturday, May 2, 2009 9:47 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by earthfree Saturday, May 2, 2009 9:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by earthfree Sunday, May 3, 2009 9:51 AM
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 8:13 PM

All replies

• Have you tested from a locaiton other than your home? If not, could you please do so?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, May 1, 2009 10:17 PM
  • I had not tried it from elsewhere, I now have done so and it works !!!!!! so i'm over the moon Lol
    It still does not work from my own PC's but thats no problem now :-).

One thing tho, I went to a friend house to do the test and altho I got into my system, I could not accesss my computers because I was told I needed to install the "microsoft RDP client control" onto my mates PC.
    I went to MS site and did a search for it and the database came back with about 40 different add ons? I have not got a clue which one (if any) was the one I needed?.
    Do you have a link to the proper add on so I can get hold of it and put it in my shared folder I can then have it to hand when I use other friends pc's.

Thanks a million for answering my request  it's appreciated
    Ken
    PS still keep getting the warning that the server cannot update my router config (port forwarding) any idea how to turn it off?
    • Marked as answer by earthfree Saturday, May 2, 2009 9:47 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by earthfree Saturday, May 2, 2009 9:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by earthfree Sunday, May 3, 2009 9:51 AM
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 8:13 PM
  • I managed to find the addon, for anybody else with same problem here is the link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=6e1ec93d-bdbd-4983-92f7-479e088570ad

I put this on the server in the public folder so I can access it from another location should I need to install it on other PC's away from home

Still cannot stop the damn router config error but at least its working ok
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 9:50 AM