Server Error while logging into Conf/Int/Default.aspx RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am getting an error while trying to log into Conf/Int/Default.aspx:

Server Error

A server error has occurred. Please contact the administrator.
    Error Source: mscorlib
    Error Type: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
    Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Any idea what would that be?

Is there any way to look at the inner exception?

I do not see anything wrong in the Event Logs...

Thank you!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hmm, it seems taht the problem was related to the account I was trying to use to log into web scheduler.

Maybe, it has woo wide set of the permissions (domain admin)? I am not sure.

Anyway, it worked ffine or a non-priviledged account.

The issue is sort of resolved.

Friday, July 27, 2007 6:05 PM

All replies

• I was copying the following from one of the previous posts. Maybe you can try this:

This error is cause by not activating the web scheduler.

Server Error

A server error has occurred. Please contact the administrator.

Error Source: System.DirectoryServices

Error Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Error Message: An operations error occurred.

Error Code: -2147016672

1.       After installation is complete, you need to activate Web Scheduler using the same user name and password that you used to activate Web Components on the computer. If you do not remember the user name used to activate Web Components, use the following steps. Open IIS Manager (%SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc), and then navigate to Local Computer, Application Pools, and LSGroupExpAppPool. Right-click LSGroupExpAppPool, click Properties, and then click the Identity tab. Note the user name under Configurable identity type. You only need the name part of the string. If the user name string is Domain\RTCComponentService, RTCComponentService is what you need to use in the activation procedure.

a.         To activate Web Scheduler on Standard Edition, use the following command line:

LcsCmd.exe /web /action:Activate /role:Meeting /poolname:<pool_name> /User:<user_name> /Password:<password>.

LcsCmd.exe tool is located under %CommonProgramFiles%\Office Communications Server 2007. Use pool_name = name of the computer (for example, computer1).

b.         To activate Web Scheduler on Enterprise Edition, use the following command line:

LcsCmd.exe /web /action:Activate /role:Meeting /poolname:<pool_name> /User:<user_name> /Password:<password> /guest:<guestuser> /guestpassword:<guestpassword>

Use pool_name = Enterprise Edition Pool name (for example, pool1) of which Web Components is part. For the guest user and guest password, use the same guest user account name and password you used to activate Web Components on the computer.

Regards,

Thomas

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 6:30 PM
  • Thomas,

I am sorry but this is not the case.

The scheduler is activated (yes, I do read manuals Smile, and the error is fairly different from the one you are referring to.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 7:15 PM
  • Probably a bit obvious, but check the services (Computer Manager > Services and Applications > Services).  I was getting that exact error and it turned out I had several services stopped.  Started the stopped ones, restarted the running ones and for the first time I can log in to the web scheduler.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:31 PM
  • Unfortunately, this is not it either.

I even tried to switch to SE instead of EE, and tried cleaning up LCS leftovers from the Active Directory.

It still does not work for me.

Monday, July 23, 2007 4:36 PM
  • Hmm, it seems taht the problem was related to the account I was trying to use to log into web scheduler.

Maybe, it has woo wide set of the permissions (domain admin)? I am not sure.

Anyway, it worked ffine or a non-priviledged account.

The issue is sort of resolved.

Friday, July 27, 2007 6:05 PM