PS2010 - A Project Manager can't view his assigned tasks in the Timesheet and can't insert tasks in the Timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Project Server 2010.

The problem that I have is that I have created a new user, this user belongs to Project Managers, Resource Managers and Team Members groups, and these groups have the permissions for categories My Organization, My Projects, My Direct Reports and My Resources.

The system is using Single Entry Mode, so the option to insert tasks in the Timesheet is there, but I cannot use it because there is nor projects neither tasks to choose in the combo boxes.

When I created this user I created the users that reports to her, and they are able to use the Timesheet without problems and she (the user with the problem) is able to approve their Timesheets.

The only error, in my opinion, I made, was that I put the Default Assignment Owner as another user and I tried to create the first Timesheet with that field wrong, and then I saw all the errors. After that I change the Default Assignment Owner and I put her name as it must be, then I deleted the Timesheet and I tried to create it again and it worked like before (with problems).

This user has 2 projects (she is the owner of these projects) and she has some tasks assigned in these projects, she also has other tasks in other projects.

When I create the Timesheet only appear the adminstrative tasks, and not the assigned tasks. If I try to insert a task there is no way to select any project, even her projects don't appear in the combo box.

Another test I made is to create a task in her project, being Administrator using my username, and this task doesn't appear in the Timesheet, but now there is a difference, I'm able to insert only this task in the Timesheet, and I can see the two projects in the combo box (but I can see only that task in the project where I put it, for the other project there is no tasks).

I have checked all the fields in User and in Resource, I have rechecked the Groups and Categories, and I have compared with other users that are in the same situation, everything is correct and in place, but it doesn't work for this user.

Another detail I forgot to say is that for this user I've been obliged to insert a new department in the lookup table Departments, and I use this department in the Resource Departments field (in Edit User), I've tried selecting only this department and I've tried too selecting all the departments up to this one (and including this one).

I don't know what more to do, I will appreciate your help on this issue.

Thank you,

José Espases

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hi José,

hopefully I haven't missed anything essential in your long post - you have already tried a lot.

When a new project is created, the name of default assignment owner is set as assignment owner for all tasks. Open your project, apply a Usage view and add column "Assignment Owner". Check if her name is displayed and change if necessary.

Moreover, perhaps the booking type in these projects is set to Proposed for her= You can verify this in Buidl team from Enterprise, for example. Only task of a project with booking type Committed will be displayed. This booking type is also retrieved during project creation from resource data and can be changed on project level.

Does any of these ideas help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by José Espases Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:00 PM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi José,

hopefully I haven't missed anything essential in your long post - you have already tried a lot.

When a new project is created, the name of default assignment owner is set as assignment owner for all tasks. Open your project, apply a Usage view and add column "Assignment Owner". Check if her name is displayed and change if necessary.

Moreover, perhaps the booking type in these projects is set to Proposed for her= You can verify this in Buidl team from Enterprise, for example. Only task of a project with booking type Committed will be displayed. This booking type is also retrieved during project creation from resource data and can be changed on project level.

Does any of these ideas help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by José Espases Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:00 PM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:10 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

I've just checked and... she was not the Assignment Owner, I have changed accordingly and now it works!!

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

José Espases

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:59 PM