none
Forums sending same emails repeatedly

Question

• Since yesterday all TechNet forums have been sending the same messages repeatedly. About every hour a batch of the same emails arrive. Each time more and more duplicates arrive.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 3:21 AM

Answers

• The forums are back to normal, from what I can tell. Is this still happening?

Seems to be good for most of the day.  Maybe it is fixed.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, December 14, 2015 11:23 PM

All replies

• I'm seeing the same sort or issues. Most of the time the alerts are delayed an hour up to a day. Since this weekend when I reply to a new thread then an hour or so later I usually get an alert of the original post.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 3:24 AM
  • Still happening? The activity lists have finally caught up, so hopefully this has cleared up as well.
    EDIT: Never mind, looks like there's still some lag. This post hasn't shown up in my list yet.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 3:54 AM
  • For me the alerts are anywhere from 1 to 24 hours or more delayed.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 4:07 AM
  • Appears to have quieted down now.  Haven't had a big burst for an hour.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 7:39 AM
  • Forum is, once again, sending old and duplicate emails.  The emails are now coming in as batches by topic as if they are a summary of all posts to that topic.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 11:21 PM
  • I do get the alerts seemingly in batches but I don't think duplicates for me. Just several hours late.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 11:27 PM
  • Alerts coming in late and by the hundreds of duplicates.  I keep seeing the same email notifications every 30 to 45 minutes.  At this rate the forum will soon be unusable.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, December 10, 2015 12:25 AM

Monday, December 14, 2015 5:29 PM
  • Mike, for me the delay in sending out alerts is back to normal. BTW did you get any explanation for the days of disruption? Seems like two separate things (but possibly related) happened.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Monday, December 14, 2015 9:40 PM
  • Nope, I only got the one email saying that they were aware of the thread update issue and nothing since.

I never did get a reply to my initial email about the activity lists not updating. I wonder what's going on internally, it's never been this quiet before...

Monday, December 14, 2015 10:51 PM

Seems to be good for most of the day.  Maybe it is fixed.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, December 14, 2015 11:23 PM