CRM 3.0 running very very slow RRS feed

• Question

• I am having issues with Microsoft CRM 3.0 running very slow. It is really not useable. It takes like a half hour to load the main screen. I have done lots of troubleshooting on it but I cannot figure out what is slowing it down so bad.

It is running on server 2003 Standard Edition and SQL 2000 is on another server.

I did recently upgrade BlackBerry Enterprise Server on the same server. That is the only thing that has changed on this server in awhile.

Anyone out there have any ideas what could be slowing it down like this.

Thanks in advance.
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:08 PM

Answers

• I've seen servers where the Blackberry alert service ends up compute bound and takes up all processor utilisation, so I'd check that as that's the most recent change.

If that's not the problem I start looking at the IIS logs to see the pattern of http equests and responses, both to the CRM web site and the reporting server web site; if reporting services has a problem this can give big delays in the CRM response

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Thinksys,

Have you try performance tools or something else to determine which part(s) cause the problem?
    Microsoft released a
    ptimizing the Performance of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 White Paper, you may have a look.
    download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6B32E0B3-5520-48A7-B3CD-D8477D084821&displaylang=en

Regards,
    Jim
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:20 PM
  • Jim,

Thanks for the info. I went through that document but I could not find anything that helps. I have run tests on the server and there are no performance issues with it.

I really think there is something wrong with CRM.

I am not sure what else to try.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:49 PM
  • I've seen servers where the Blackberry alert service ends up compute bound and takes up all processor utilisation, so I'd check that as that's the most recent change.

If that's not the problem I start looking at the IIS logs to see the pattern of http equests and responses, both to the CRM web site and the reporting server web site; if reporting services has a problem this can give big delays in the CRM response

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 8:23 PM
  • Probably something to do with teh Web Service. Open IIS manager and check the webiste ISP for the CRM, COMPANYWEB and SHAREPOINT websites. They should be pointing to an internal server address.

Try stopping CRM website (right click on IIS manager) then restarting.

Check application error log for mismatch of ASP.NET. When I upgraded to v3.0 it installed along a numebr of ASP.NET website in app pool. I changed all I could back to ASP.NEt v1 to makje compatible with CRM whihc must run on ASP.NET 1.

Friday, July 20, 2007 3:38 PM
  • Can you see what services running on CRM/SQL server?

Regards,
    Jim
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:50 AM