Office XP Validation RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Works 2003 Validation questioned.  I have the invoice from HP showing the purchase.  The registration number referred to in the validation notice is not the same as the number shown on my Excel and Word.

I've tried the steps outlined in the web site.  I get to the last step in the validation procedure and get the message

"Failed    Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded"

I'll be glad to send you diagnosic test results if you'll tell me how to get them.

Jerry 1932

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, June 27, 2010 9:31 PM Moved to relevant forum (From:Windows XP Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows XP))
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 4:16 AM

Answers

• "JerryF1932" wrote in message news:87f9710c-991b-4a6a-b3ad-ef317d433043...

Microsoft Works 2003 Validation questioned.  I have the invoice from HP showing the purchase.  The registration number referred to in the validation notice is not the same as the number shown on my Excel and Word.

I've tried the steps outlined in the web site.  I get to the last step in the validation procedure and get the message

"Failed    Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded"

I'll be glad to send you diagnosic test results if you'll tell me how to get them.

Jerry 1932

Excel and Word are NOT part of Works - they are part of Office, which is a whole different ball-game
    To get the MGADiag report, go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 save the file, and run it.
    When complete, click on the Copy button, and paste into your response.
    (If there's an error, try the copy/paste routine anyway - it frequently still works)..
    WRT your error message - this sort of error frequently occurs from over-zealous Anti-Virus or Firewall, or the security settings in IE being very high. First check that IE is running at default settings for all zones, in Internet Properties. Then check that your AV and Firewall are allowing ActiveX to function properly.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 6:10 AM