OneCare Circle connectivity RRS feed

• Question

• What needs to be done to allow pinging between the comuters in the OneCare circle?

Monday, December 3, 2007 8:02 AM

Answers

• I think that the ping is controlled by allowing ICMPv4 Inbound in the firewall. The Circle is not important, you just want the ping response.

I assume you can see the PCs and share files between them already or are you trying to troubleshoot a network issue?

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 8:27 PM
  • Yes, the firewall you see in Control panel is the Windows Firewall, which is disabled by OneCare at installation.

-steve

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 6:09 PM

All replies

• I think that the ping is controlled by allowing ICMPv4 Inbound in the firewall. The Circle is not important, you just want the ping response.

I assume you can see the PCs and share files between them already or are you trying to troubleshoot a network issue?

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 8:27 PM
  • Thank you Stephen.  This has resolved the issue.  Apparently the Window's firewall accessible from each PCs control panel is independent of the firewall in OneCare as the settings in OneCare seem to have done the trick.

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 9:55 AM
  • Yes, the firewall you see in Control panel is the Windows Firewall, which is disabled by OneCare at installation.

-steve

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 6:09 PM
  •  

Thanks Stephen.  I am now trying to address another problem - please see my thread on the functionality of Winss.exe.

Regards

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 10:40 PM