none
Why do all my NAS documents open in read only on my Android phone? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been getting help from the QNAP support team for a couple of weeks now, they have been really good and not given up on me even though we still can't solve the problem. So I thought it might be worth ask here in case anyone else has ever had the same problem. Apologies if it's already posted out there, but I couldn't find anything whilst using key word searches.

So basically, when I use QNAP filer explorer called QFile on a mobile device such as my Galaxy S9, to access my NAS drive, all documents open up as read only - preventing me from editing them unless I get my laptop out.

The documents are read/write and are in folders with read/write permissions for both myself and admin.

The QNAP support Team have remote connected and checked all my settings - not found anything wrong.

I am using MS Word and Excel for Android, and if I upload the same documents to OneDrive - they work fine as read/write.

I have this issue even if I use QFile within my home network.

Any suggestions - apart from ditch the NAS and use OneDrive lol.

Does MS Office for Android allow editing of documents on cloud storage that is not OneDrive?

Thanks

Matt

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

Since this forum focuses more on questions related to Office desktop applications, if you need further assistance on this problem, I'd recommend you post a new question to the following forum: Office  Mobile forum on Microsoft Answers. You may get more helpful replies there.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

In addition, QNAP is a third-party product, we cannot give you good advice on the use of third-party products.

As far as I know, MS Office for Android can edit documents on other cloud storages, but we cannot judge and analyze the issue encountered during use.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:23 AM
  • Many thanks Itch Sun

Have done as you recommended, apologies.

Cheers

Thursday, February 27, 2020 11:12 AM