Why is Synctoy throtling on a Gigabit network RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi there,

I really love Synctoy functionality but there is one aspect of it I am rather frustrated about. I have a gigabit network here, but I have noticed that Synctoy use at most 5% of the bandwidth which is rather poor since I have bandwidth to burn. This makes syncing unnecessarily long. If I copy file manually with Windows Explorer, I reach about 80% mostly, why is Synctoy so timid?
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 10:03 PM

All replies

• Hi -

One of the few times we have a user complaining that we are not using enough resources :) As to why we do not use more bandwidth - I think you will see an improvement when we release SyncToy 2.1

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:18 AM
  • Thanks Deepa, really looking forward to this improvement.

Normally I wouldn't mind the timid use of bandwidth, I mean with small files like Word documents etc, the syncing goest fast, but when you're moving *.dvr-ms/*.wtv files over to staging area (Central Media Server) it takes way too long, and this is not necessary, since my Mediacenter box is a dedicated recording device sitting there doing nothing.

I believe SyncToy throughput should be equal that of Windows Explorer at least given the same situation.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:57 AM