I can't remove my Windows Live ID from my money file in MS Money Sunset RRS feed

• Question

• Now that Microsoft has long since sunset MS Money is it impossible to remove a windows live id from a money file? These are the steps I follow

1. file > password manager > remove...
    2. "I want to remove my Windows Live Id" > Next

Which gives me an error: "Your windows live id (e-mail address and password) was not removed. Please try again."

robbie

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:14 AM

All replies

• Did you try disconnecting from the internet before you made the attempt?  This is Cal Learner's standard advice:

Disconnect from the Internet (pull a cable or turn off your router etc). Start Money, and log in offline. Remove your LiveID within Microsoft Money Plus at File-PasswordManager . Do not attempt to change your LiveID.

Let us know if that works for you.

Bill Becker

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 3:05 PM
  • I am having the same problem - but I get the same error message when I try to remove it after disconnecting from the internet
    Sunday, June 28, 2015 12:03 PM
  • Try Try File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair and see if you can remove the Live ID.

If that does not do it, you could try making a repaired version of your file with File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2
    You can give the repaired file a different name, and open that file.

I have not seen anybody say they tried that, but it seems worth a try.

Monday, June 29, 2015 9:01 PM