Time out on file upload RRS feed

• Question

• Im fairly new to the Home Server Beta.  I have a problem trying to upload files through the website. I keep timing out after trying to upload files remotly from my work through the website.  Is there a setting to disable this?  or is this something being worked on?  I can upload normal size files, but seams like any large files times out.
    Sunday, April 22, 2007 9:04 AM

All replies

• Same problem for me. Any ideas?

I tried uploading a file about 3MB in size and it works fine.

But file above size 10 MB files. I think IIS file size limit for .net is the culprit.

Any thoughts people?

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:43 AM
  • How large are the files, and how many are you trying to upload?
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:50 AM
  • What about trying doing a continous ping test. The cmd is "ping ipaddress -t" I am just think if you are dropping packets.
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 5:27 AM
  • was a zip file, size of over 100mb
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:27 AM
  • I will try the ping test today.

And about the file size, I have tried with several files (all of em .zip's) ranging from 1GB to 10 MB.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:41 PM
  • How long does it take for the upload to time out?  Try it with one large file. I suspect that the timeouts are caused by IIS's default settings of 90 seconds for ASP Script timeouts. 

On the server, open the IIS Manager, and go to Default Web Site properties, Home Directory tab and click the Configuration button and go to the Options tab.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 5:17 PM