archiving and CDR server and SQL database server installed on a server RRS feed

• Question

•  

Can I install the archiving and CDR server and the SQL database server  on a server?
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 11:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

as far as I know only collocating the archiving database is supported, like mentioned in the OCS 2007

Support Guide.... That means Archiving Server has to be a dedicated machine.

Note

Collocation of the archiving database is supported on both Standard Edition servers and Enterprise Edition Front End Servers; however, we do not recommend collocation on Standard Edition servers because of the potential impact on performance. Collocation of the Archiving and CDR Database with the Back-End Database for an Enterprise Pool is not supported.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:04 PM
  • Thank you!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 2:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

as far as I know only collocating the archiving database is supported, like mentioned in the OCS 2007

Support Guide.... That means Archiving Server has to be a dedicated machine.

Note

Collocation of the archiving database is supported on both Standard Edition servers and Enterprise Edition Front End Servers; however, we do not recommend collocation on Standard Edition servers because of the potential impact on performance. Collocation of the Archiving and CDR Database with the Back-End Database for an Enterprise Pool is not supported.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:04 PM
  • Thank you!

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 2:26 AM