none
What to learn for MCTS 70-511 exam? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to give MCTS 70-511 (Windows Development using WPF) and for that I'm using two books,

• MCTS Self Placed Training Kit - MCTS 70-511 (The Practice Book)
    • Pro WPF in C# 2010 - Matthew MacDonald

I actually use the practice book, just to see the topics that are in the exam, and and then study them from the second book, however, that doesn't mean I study incomplete chapters, I do complete the chapters, but I leave out those chapters that are not in the practice book.

I just wanted to know that is my approach right? I mean, only those topics that are covered in the practice book are asked or other topics can also be asked eg. 3D drawing etc.?
    I just want to clarify my doubt before the exam.
    Any accurate advice will be highly appreciated.

PS: Please don't give the link to the official MCTS page, I've already browsed that, but I just want to confirm (I guess that's why forums exist) :)

Thanks,

Siddharth Srivastava

sidmkp96
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:03 AM

Answers

• The topics in the MCTS Self Placed Training Kit - MCTS 70-511 book and on the MCTS page are the topics covered in the exam. 

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:41 AM

All replies

• The topics in the MCTS Self Placed Training Kit - MCTS 70-511 book and on the MCTS page are the topics covered in the exam. 

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:41 AM
  • Ok, thanks a lot for clearing the doubt. 
    Then I'll just go by my present approach only :)

Thanks again!

sidmkp96
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:00 AM