none
SyncToy Preview window comes up partially off the bottom of the screen. RRS feed

• Question

• When I click on 'Preview' the Preview window comes up so large and so low down on my laptop's desktop that the bottom quarter of it is off the bottom of the screen.  
    This necessistates manually moving the window up so I can see the 'Run', 'Stop', and 'Close' buttons.  
    This is awkward, and inconvenient when I'm using the laptop's touchpad and I have a lot of folder pairs to preview.

Is there any way the Preview window's default size, or position, can be changed so it loads fully-visible on the screen?
    Monday, April 6, 2009 7:05 AM

All replies

• David - which OS and architecture are you using ?
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 5:57 AM
  • I'm actually having the same problem with SyncToy, and it is a very irritating bug indeed. 

As opposed to David, I don't want it in a maximized window by default, I just want it to remember where I last placed it, and sized it, so that the buttons aren't hidden by the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.

I'm using SyncToy on Vista Home Premium.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:19 AM
  • Dear Sameer,

I'm using Windows XP Pro in the 32-bit version on a ThinkPad T500 with a 15.4-inch widescreen display.  Its native resolution is 1280 x 800 and that's what I use.

I don't need the window to be maximised -just to pop up in a position so it's all visible on the screen.  In other words just as this thread's YarPukhtun wants.

Also, I'm sorry about the late response -I didn't know the answer had been posted.  I ticked the 'Alert me' box but didn't receive any alert.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009 2:30 AM
  • Yep, I've seen it too. WinXP Pro.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 2:11 PM
  • Actually I just noticed that every time I click the Run (or Run All) button, the window that pops up, does so slightly lower and to the right on the screen than the previous time that it popped up. Running it enough times in a row will walk the sucker right off the page.
    Friday, May 1, 2009 12:53 PM
  • Dear Sameer,

I replied to you 3 months ago.  Any progress?

David George
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:59 PM
  • Hi David,
         Sorry for this bring unconviniet to you, you may can work around this by change your screen 's Resolution setting.
    I did a few try on Vista OS, the preview window will show in different places every time I click Preview, not verytime covered by status bar.
    And try change the Syntoy main windows place a little up, may help to resolve this.

Hope this will be resolved in next version.

Thanks,
    Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:04 AM