Will not validate after I bought Office Standard because computer came with Student RRS feed

• Question

•  

I went to validate my Office Standard so I could use Outlook express, but it would not validate because I have an expired version of Office Student.  Is there any way to get around this?  My computer came with Student and I opted to buy Standard.  The key for Standard won't work with the Student package.  Thanks.
    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:12 PM

Answers

• Good Morning Skotc

Can you explain what you mean by expired version? Skotc it appears the Student version is a trial version and should be removed. Next reboot your computer and try to validate again with Office Standard which should work. 

First, please download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum. I have an idea as what is happening but still I would like to review the MGA diagnostic results before I provide you with a resolution. 

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally

identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:50 PM