Adding Tasks and Appointments into Outlook RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi Everyone,

We are running 4.0, and have been unable to transfer any appointments or tasks that were created in the CRM intrernet explorer version into the users' microsoft outlook. Is there any way these can be automatically added? i have noticed that it is possible to do it the other way, i.e. creating an appointment in Outlook and tracking it back to CRM, so i hope it will be possible to to do it the other way round.

any help will be gratefully accepted,

Chris

Friday, October 3, 2008 9:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

Yes appointments and tasks should auto integrate from the web to the outlook clients.  Integration differs between the offline client and the desktop client, but should be syncronizing every 15 mins if I remember correctly. You may have to set up synchronization manually.

On the web client please go to settings > administration > system settings and click on the Outlook tab. There you will find some settings which specify the interval of synchronization between the web client and outlook.

Additionally under your user's role in the business tab, you will need to have permission to 'Sync to Outlook'.

Lastly you may have to configure your users Outlook under the CRM menu > Data which records to sync.

One thing to note, appointments, tasks and contacts are synchronised to Outlook, however task reminders will not 'pop up' like they do in Outlook when due. (I may be wrong, but this was one of the limitations in 3.0).

Lastly there is a known issue with sync : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949086

Cheers,

Karlo
    Friday, October 3, 2008 8:42 PM
  • I can confirm that appointments will pop up in Outlook with 4.0.  Just have to have the crm client settings synch tab set to synch appointments.  One really cool thing with 4.0 is that phone calls also will synch--the go to outlook tasks, and will pop up as well if the call has a due date.
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 11:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

Yes appointments and tasks should auto integrate from the web to the outlook clients.  Integration differs between the offline client and the desktop client, but should be syncronizing every 15 mins if I remember correctly. You may have to set up synchronization manually.

On the web client please go to settings > administration > system settings and click on the Outlook tab. There you will find some settings which specify the interval of synchronization between the web client and outlook.

Additionally under your user's role in the business tab, you will need to have permission to 'Sync to Outlook'.

Lastly you may have to configure your users Outlook under the CRM menu > Data which records to sync.

One thing to note, appointments, tasks and contacts are synchronised to Outlook, however task reminders will not 'pop up' like they do in Outlook when due. (I may be wrong, but this was one of the limitations in 3.0).

Lastly there is a known issue with sync : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949086

Cheers,

Karlo
    Friday, October 3, 2008 8:42 PM
  • I can confirm that appointments will pop up in Outlook with 4.0.  Just have to have the crm client settings synch tab set to synch appointments.  One really cool thing with 4.0 is that phone calls also will synch--the go to outlook tasks, and will pop up as well if the call has a due date.
    Sunday, October 5, 2008 11:32 PM
  •  

Cheers Karlo and Joel,

I think the problem lies with the inability to sync with outlook. i was having problems with s

yncing with this computer, but seems to have sorted itself out.

Thanks again,

Chris

Monday, October 6, 2008 3:37 PM