Is it possible to add non domain users? RRS feed

• Question

• A newbie question: Is it possible to add non domain/AD users to the CRM? In other words if i have some of my colleagues in another location where they dont have any domain setup - in this case does CRM allows to have something like Form Base Authentication - if i can map it to SharePoint or even simple Web Application?

Thanks
    CV
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:07 PM

Answers

• Thanks Team! I got a hang of it surely.

Another newbie but not so straight one - how do users log out from the crm?

is custom solution answer to this?

regards and thanks again

CV
    Diaspark Inc

Friday, August 28, 2009 7:28 PM
  • Hi CV,

It is helpful for the community if you mark the response that helped you as answered and then start a new post for a new question.  Thank you and I am glad to see that  your original post was responded in a way that provided you with the information needed
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, August 31, 2009 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can allow the user's access to CRM data through another application that you develop like a Web application.  You should do your development based on SDK standards and you will need to purchase the CRM external use license which I think is approximately $ 5 K.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:23 PM
  • Hi,

Adding to Donna's comment, you can't add non-domain/AD users to CRM. You need to set them up as a user under your AD in order for them to access CRM. You may setup IFD for your CRM then your external users will have a login page to sign in to CRM.

Like Donna indicated, you need the external connector to expose CRM data to your external application and external users.

Hope this helps.
    Darren Liu | 刘嘉鸿 | MS CRM MVP | English Blog: http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com | Chinese Blog: http://liudarren.spaces.live.com
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 11:34 PM
  • CRM cannot function without AD and SSRS
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:03 AM
  • Hi,

look at this article "White Paper: Implementing an ADFS Solution for Microsoft Dynamics CRM by Using IAG"
    <snip>
    By default, an on-premise implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 leverages Active Directory (Integrated Windows) Authentication to accommodate access by internal users. However, many businesses also require the ability to provide external users with access to the highly sensitive information that is stored in the CRM system and to accommodate this access without having to create Active Directory trusts. By using a combination of IAG and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) to establish an authentication gateway, companies can provide access to CRM resources by any identity from any organization, from any computer, complete with strong authentication and full Single Sign On from the end user to the internal CRM system with a full audit trail (including username and source IP). This white paper is designed to : - Explain the business need and common business scenarios for using ADFS and IAG - Summarize the functionality and benefits associated with using ADFS - Summarize the functionality and benefits associated with using IAG - Explain the architecture associated with an ADFS solution for Microsoft Dynamics CRM that leverages IAG - Illustrate the solution architecture by providing and describing a sample deployment - Summarize the process for and provide high-level guidance on implementing an ADFS solution for Microsoft Dynamics CRM by using IAG
    <snip>

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=47ee7f73-6059-4b20-a305-1b8b2b23f0e9
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    • Proposed as answer by Michael Sulz Friday, August 28, 2009 5:46 AM
    Friday, August 28, 2009 5:46 AM
  • You can implement your own web portal to access microsoft crm with a standard role and user for all users.
    Friday, August 28, 2009 12:54 PM
  • Thanks Team! I got a hang of it surely.

Another newbie but not so straight one - how do users log out from the crm?

is custom solution answer to this?

regards and thanks again

CV
    Diaspark Inc

Friday, August 28, 2009 7:28 PM
  • Today i see a extrange article i dont know what is exactly but is possible help you in your problem, take a moment and read this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=47ee7f73-6059-4b20-a305-1b8b2b23f0e9

If any other know what is this will can said if it is valid for this case?
    Monday, August 31, 2009 8:11 AM
  • Hi CV,

It is helpful for the community if you mark the response that helped you as answered and then start a new post for a new question.  Thank you and I am glad to see that  your original post was responded in a way that provided you with the information needed
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, August 31, 2009 12:55 PM