New Router, can't get into WHS. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I recently switched from Comcast to Verizon and as a result switched my router as well. My old router had a gateway IP of 192.168.11.1 and the new verizon one I had to use was 192.168.1.1. I now don't know how to access my router and running the connector again (downloaded it and tried running it, not from the server), it does not want to connect either. I wanted to set up port forwarding thinking that will make it work but I don't even know what the IP of the WHS is (LX195 by the way). I run Win7 x64. Any ideas please? I think I had set my IP on the WHS to static, so that's what I'm trying to undo since the gateway has changed. Thanks!
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 2:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

if you set the WHS to a static IP (bad idea in all cases and especially so on headless units) then you will need to connect the WHS back onto the old router and set the IP address back to dynamic allocation (aka DHCP or Automatic). 

If you don't have the old router then set your PC to be on the 192.168.11.x network i.e. and connect your LX195 to your PC using a network cable - if the link lights don't light up you will need to use a cross over cable. 

If you remember the name of the WHS you might be lucky (unlikely but it might work) and be able to ping the WHS from a Client PC by name - this depends on your new router automatically being able to discover and route new networks.

Or with cruiseman70s advice you can log into your new router and set it up to be on the 192.168.11.1 network and then your WHS will be on this network.

Good luck,

Al

--
    • Marked as answer by FadyDizzle Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:19 PM
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 2:49 PM

All replies

• You should be able to get into your router by using http://192.168.1.1 from your browser. Of course you'll need the administrator name and password.

Cruise

Saturday, March 20, 2010 2:29 PM
  • Hi,

if you set the WHS to a static IP (bad idea in all cases and especially so on headless units) then you will need to connect the WHS back onto the old router and set the IP address back to dynamic allocation (aka DHCP or Automatic). 

If you don't have the old router then set your PC to be on the 192.168.11.x network i.e. and connect your LX195 to your PC using a network cable - if the link lights don't light up you will need to use a cross over cable. 

If you remember the name of the WHS you might be lucky (unlikely but it might work) and be able to ping the WHS from a Client PC by name - this depends on your new router automatically being able to discover and route new networks.

Or with cruiseman70s advice you can log into your new router and set it up to be on the 192.168.11.1 network and then your WHS will be on this network.

Good luck,

Al

--
    • Marked as answer by FadyDizzle Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:19 PM
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 2:49 PM